You are here
Regarded as a leader within our profession and community, Gunnip & Company has grown consistently over the years, without mergers or acquisitions. We believe that our future growth depends on continuing to identify and develop potential partners within the firm. Therefore, we are dedicated to placing our team members in roles where they can contribute and grow. We seek out talented leaders, high performers and skilled innovators.
Our culture promotes the goals of personal and professional growth by offering a wide range of experiences. By joining our team, you will be given the opportunity to develop professional skills in accounting, auditing, tax and advisory services while working with a variety of industries. Our open environment provides access to management and encourages everyone’s thoughts and ideas. You will have the opportunity to work with partners and clients on a variety of projects helping you earn a varied and multi-layered experience across services and industries.
A Top Workplace
Since 2008, our employees have consistently ranked us in the Top 10 small workplaces in Delaware. We are consistently the highest ranking CPA firm on the list and in 2015 we were ranked on in the Top Ten overall in the Small Workplace category. Our staff specifically names our exceptional benefits package, high appreciation level and low-stress, flexible environment the main reasons they stay.
Our leadership also recognizes the importance of a stimulating environment and an enjoyable work/life balance for all our employees. In their commitment to provide the best working environment for our firm, the partners sponsor many social events throughout the year. These activities provide a chance to "get to know" your fellow employees in a more relaxed setting. Team members from all departments and staff levels regularly join these events and they are a great way for everyone to bond. Past activities have included:
- seasonal sporting activities, such as participation in a softball league
- hosting numerous social hours
- knocking down pins at a bowling night
- hedging our bets with a "March Madness" playoff
- dining and laughing at a premiere comedy club
- dining at a local restaurant for a charity fundraiser
We also host major annual events:
- The "After Busy Season" Party rewards everyone for completing Busy Season. Usually held on April 15 promptly at 5:00 pm! It is a great time for us to reconnect and relax. Past themes included attending a baseball game, casino nights and a train ride.
- During the winter holidays, we host an internal get-together. We close the office early, having a catered lunch and an entertaining gift-exchange.
We challenge our employees to help their communities grow and to contribute to worthy causes, whether financially or through fundraising events. We often participate in such events as Adopt-A-Family, Walk for the Cure and many other charitable activities.
We are looking for professionals that are self-motivated and interested in advancing or starting a career. We will work with you to develop effective communications skills, provide you with a current technology environment and turn what may have been a job into an outstanding career.
To submit a resume, email email@example.com.
Experience is the Difference®