Gunnip & Company CPAs is seeking several professionals to join our team to assist with matters pertaining to a diverse group of individual and business clients. Since 2008, our employees have consistently ranked us in the Top 10 small workplaces in Delaware. Since 2011, we have been the highest ranking CPA firm on the list. Our staff specifically names our exceptional benefits package, high appreciation level and low-stress, flexible environment the main reasons they stay.
Gunnip is a growing CPA firm located in Wilmington, DE with approximately 60 employees, and clients in a wide variety of industries. We provide highly personalized and comprehensive assurance, tax, and business consulting services to clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Our team of professionals works with clients in industries such as manufacturing, wholesale, professional services, commercial development, contractors, nonprofit organizations, and state and local government. We look for people who are seeking a career in public accounting.
SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT: We're looking for passionate, motivated, self-starting individuals who have strong aptitude to learn new skills and who enjoy working in a team based environment to join our Audit & Accounting department. The candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with clients and management. Duties include performing audits and reviews of all business entity types, including federal and state audits. Perform various research and assist with tax preparation for individuals and businesses as needed.
- Bachelor degree in accounting from an accredited college/university
- Delaware CPA permit to practice (or the ability to attain your Delaware CPA permit)
- Minimum of three years of audit and accounting experience working with a CPA firm
- Ability to work independently
- Good problem solving, critical thinking and written communication skills
- Strong software skills including experience with ProSystems Engagement and Tax, Thomson Reuters Checkpoint, Microsoft Office and/or QuickBooks
Salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefit package including Paid Time Off (PTO), medical, dental, 401k match and profit sharing, overtime or comp time
Gunnip & Company LLP is an equal opportunity employer.
Experience is the Difference®