Gunnip is a growing CPA firm located in Wilmington, Delaware with 60 employees and clients in a wide variety of industries. We provide highly personalized and comprehensive assurance, tax, and business consulting services to clients throughout the mid-atlantic region. Our team of professionals work with clients in industries such as manufacturing, wholesale, professional services, commercial development, contractors, nonprofit organizations, as well as state and local government. We look for people who are seeking a career in public accounting.
Since 2008, our employees have consistently ranked us in the Top 10 small workplaces in Delaware. Since 2011, we have been the highest ranking CPA firm on the list. Our staff specifically names our exceptional benefits package, high appreciation level and low-stress, flexible environment the main reasons they stay.
- Prepare and review individual, trust, estate and gift tax returns.
- Analyze estate and trust documents.
- Work closely with client, attorney and related professionals to assure deadlines are met.
- Perform tax research with view for compliance and alternatives to satisfy client’s objectives.
- Client management and participation in marketing/business development.
- Review and supervise tax work of other staff.
- Additional related duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college/university.
- Delaware CPA permit to practice or actively seeking certification.
- 5+ years of recent public accounting experience or similar experience gained in a trust company or family office.
- Experience with preparation and/or review of high-net-worth individual, estate, trust and gift returns. Closely held businesses and pass-thru returns (S-Corp, Partnership) experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently on assigned tasks and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Able to accept direction on given assignments.
- Dedicated to superior client service.
- Experience with ProSystem fx Tax, ProSystem fx Engagement, ProSystem fx Document and/or QuickBooks a plus.
Gunnip & Company LLP is an equal opportunity employer. Salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefit package includes paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, life and disability insurances, 401k / profit sharing plan.
To apply, please send resume, and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.