Gunnip is a growing CPA firm located in Wilmington, Delaware with 60 employees and clients in a wide variety of industries. We are currently seeking tax preparers and reviewers to join our team. These are full-time positions from mid-February 2019 through April15, 2019. Additional part-time work is a possibility throughout the rest of the year. We offer a comfortable work environment and competitive pay.
Since 2008, our employees have consistently ranked us in the Top 10 small workplaces in Delaware. Since 2011, we have been the highest ranking CPA firm on the list. Our staff specifically names our exceptional benefits package, high appreciation level and low-stress, flexible environment the main reasons they stay.
- Review of individual, partnership, and corporate federal and multi-state tax returns
- Identify outstanding issues and communicate with client to gather necessary information to complete tax returns
- Perform tax research and tax planning projects
- Identify and resolve client accounting issues
- Communicate with federal and state taxing authorities to resolve tax notices
- Train and monitor staff and senior accountants and assess performance
- Additional related duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college/university
- 5+ years of recent public accounting experience preparing and reviewing tax returns
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Delaware CPA permit to practice or EA preferred
- Able to work independently and within a team on assigned tasks and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines
- Able to accept direction on given assignments
- Detail oriented and organized
- Experience with ProSystem fx Tax, ProSystem fx Engagement and ProSystem fx Document is preferred; however, training will be provided if needed
- Quickbooks experience preferred
Gunnip & Company LLP is an equal opportunity employer.